Floral Designer and Stylist
What Bridie Bride can do for you
If you need it done with flowers,
Helen and her team can do it.
- Cake flowers
- Wedding bouquets for the bride and bridal part
- Corsages and boutonnieres
- Theming for reception venues
- Wedding table centrepieces
- Ceremony flowers, aisle decorations
- Corporate theming of events
- Corporate centrepieces for receptions and offices
Experience wedding floral stylist
With more than 30 years’ experience in the wedding floral industry both in Australia and overseas, there isn’t much award-winning stylist Helen Dillon hasn’t seen or done.
From fabulous floral extravaganzas at million-dollar weddings to sweet and simple bouquets for intimate nuptials attended only by the bride and groom, Helen brings her years of skill and artistry to any event, big or small.
Though Helen specialises in weddings, she and her team will work to something spectacular for any event, be it corporate, an anniversary, a Christmas bash or even a super special birthday party!
Beautiful bouquets at a reasonable price. Helen was very helpful and had great ideas for suitable colours and flowers.
About Bridie Bride
Background and experience
An award-winning floral stylist and qualified florist, Helen Dillon has a life-long love of flowers.
Her first job, straight out of high school was as an apprentice florist and, 30 years later, she’s now a master of the art.
In that time, she’s travelled Europe, creating floral artworks for weddings, parties and corporate spectacles.
Helen’s floral arrangements have appeared at some of Australia’s premier events, including in the most exclusive marquees at Melbourne’s Grand Prix and Spring Racing Carnival as well as various celebrity weddings and, of course, thousands of other events.
Helen estimates that during her career, she’s created more than 15,000 unique pieces of every size, shape and colour, from simple bouquets and single-flower boutonnieres to 12-foot-high extravaganzas containing more than 1000 flowers.
There aren’t too many plants, flowers or types of foliage Helen hasn’t worked with and the fact they may not be in season – or in Australia – rarely stops her. She’s even been known to source plants for Asia and South America to fulfill a client’s wishes.
I’ve done thousands of weddings, but every single one is unique and an absolute a joy for me,’’ says Helen who hand picks every petal and bloom from Melbourne’s flower markets three times a week.
Every bride and groom is different and I don’t think I’ve ever used the exactly same combination for a single wedding!” she adds
It’s a real pleasure to be such a special and intimate part of someone’s big day.
Bridal and Bridesmaids’ bouquets
Helen and her team cater for all budgets
Because she sources her flowers fresh from Melbourne’s flower markets, she’s able to offer her services affordably
Bouquets vary in complexity and size, however small and simple bouquets generally start at about $120. More lavish bouquets and specialist requirements should be discussed with Helen.
- As with bridal bouquets, small, simple creations start at about $80 and, depending on the complexity and choice of flowers etc, need to be discussed.
- Buttonholes, usually a single rose, star at $15 a piece.
- Wrist and shoulder corsages start at about $30.
- Cluster flowers for the side of chairs and pews start at about $25 a piece.
- Basic centrepieces start at about $50 but this will vary depending on the style, flowers, season and size. Please speak to Helen for a quote.
Wedding Bouquets & Events
Top 10 Requests & Questions
- Formal posies Beautifully created posies of between 40 and 50 tightly packed roses
- Informal vintage posies Open and relaxed posies comprising David Austin roses or peonies with berries and cactus flowers re a popular request.
- Handpicked garden posies and small, relaxed trail bouquets If you’re marrying during spring, seasonal annuals are a great choice, especially when peppered with herb foliage such as mint, sage and even parsley. It gives a beautiful old English garden look. In summer, you can get the same look using hydrangeas, vanda orchids, dahlias and lisianthus.
- Fish bowls of seasonal flowers for the tables relaxed seasonal flowers in low table settings with beautiful flowers and foliages. For Summer roses, lisiantus,hydrangea. For the cooler months tulips, foliages and spring flowers.
- Ceremony arrangements for the altar Flowers at ceremonies are always popular, from aisle arrangements to rose petals and balls of cluster flowers on the side of chairs and pews
- Buttonholes and wrist corsages – most popular are roses and orchids. Small clusters of bride and maids bouquets are the go at present. Wrist corsages can be made with bands of dimontes, pearls, lace, satin ribbon and organza. Small flowers are best and sit nicely on the wrist
- Reception arrangements Reception centerpieces are growing, both in popularity and size! Today’s brides want their floral centerpieces to be true centerpieces, featuring with brides wanting a emphasis on flowers that are full and fluffy and tightly packed together.
- Ceremony Flowers – clusters on the chairs down the aisle in jars and tins with the colours of the maids bouquets and sculptured rose petals as a aisle runner instead of carpet is a lovely look on grass
- Display Arrangements – these are increasing in popularity for the start of the ceremony aisle. They can be in the form of flowers and some brdies are bringing there own personality into it by using props and getting us to decorate them with flowers.
- Signing tables – small arrangements to major displays are becoming the thing. Using flowers with the same theme as the wedding bouquets. Wishing trees with flowers at the base are a great look to a signing table and can be used as seat destinations for guests or a small little note to the bride and groom congratulation them on their special day.
Bridie Bride Contact Details
Bridie Bride Weddings, Helen Dillon, Floral designer and stylist.
We had such beautiful flowers made for our home made garden arch & bouquet it just all fell together and contributed to our georgeous surprise wedding. Had a lot of comments regarding the flower arch and how pretty it was! Thank you so much!